Sometimes friends and family just aren't enough. That's where we come in.
Postpartum doulas provide insight and support during the early months with a new baby. Consider us your extra set of hands, your listening ear, and if you need it, your shoulder to cry on.
Here's how we can help:
- Screening for postpartum mood disorders
- Infant sleep solutions
- Processing the birth experience
- Postpartum Belly Binding
- Caring for mama as she recovers from birth
- Soothing baby and education on infant soothing techniques
- Light housekeeping assistance
- Non-judgmental family support
- Resources and referrals
- Breastfeeding counseling
- Help understanding baby cues
- Diapering and baby care
- Care for baby when parents want to shower, nap, or spend some special time with older child(ren)
- Hands-on education for infant and mama care
- Babywearing assistance
- Meal preparation
- Running Errands
Rates and Packages
Services are provided by Jalyn Spencer-Harris, ILCBC, and postpartum doula in-training. While in training, new families may receive six FREE hours of postpartum doula care. If additional postpartum support is desired, here are the hourly rates and packages available:
Day support: $20.00 per hour, with a minimum of 3 hours per visit
First Week Home – Postpartum Package ($115)
With this package, you receive the six free hours of daytime postpartum support plus an additional six hours of daytime postpartum care (minimum of three hours per visit).
First Month Home – Postpartum Package ($350)
The First Month Home Postpartum Package gives you the six free hours of daytime postpartum support plus 18 additional hours of postpartum doula care (minimum of three hours per visit).